Shoveling Smoke: Meaning

« Home | Denouement » | Weekend » | Panic » | Compass » | Thought » | Halloween » | Dawn » | Survival » | Awareness » | Scope »

Meaning

Today in Evidence class, the first two words out of the professor's mouth were "Mr. My Last Name."

Spooky.

Here's the thing- we just finished up midterms last Wednesday. Am I to take this particular brand of happenstance as a sign that I did really well on the midterm, or that my understanding of the concept of hearsay reaches comically hideous proportions? Or, it just a fluke? A coincidence meant to pester me until the end of time?

At least I (mostly) knew the answer.

I’m considering trying to quit biting my nails. I never even realized you were a nail bitter until you mentioned it on your blog one day. And I just realized something. I bet I learned my nail biting from you. It’s all your fault. You were nearly two and a half years my elder and I subconsciously learned the habit from you. And why didn’t mother ever make us stop. I scold my daughter anytime I catch her with her finger in her mouth. So why do you think you bite your nails? I think I do it more out of boredom than nervousness or from anxiety, but maybe I’m just unaware of those feelings.

Post a Comment

View My Stats